Saturday, February 7, 2009

Spain in a Nutshell

I've done it. I have finally posted pictures from my trip to Spain. I know I've been back for quite a while now, a slacker I am.

My nephew, Mr. Spanglish. He is opening his Christmas presents from his FAVORITE AUNT Ruthie, on the day of my arrival.


On a walkabout with the fam. In the background is some sort of famous submarine but several years ago on a visit there I thought it was a torpedo. Maybe Spain likes large weapons, I'm not one to judge.


Mr. Spanglish, looking oh so cute at the docks. He's always ready with a pose.


Mr. Spanglish and the new addition to the family, Mr. Superman


Los Magos Reyes (Three Kings Day) Parade


Ward Party for Los Magos Reyes. Pictured here is one of the three wise men, Baltazar. Keeping with tradition a white guy paints his face black to be the African King. Hmm...
(Side note: I love the guy in the background that looks like he's being attacked by an unknown force)


All the kings and el obispo, my bro in law


Traditional dessert eaten on Three Kings Day. Yes, I ate some. Don't worry I might have fallen of the anti-sugar wagon in Spain, but jumped right back on it while crossing back over the Atlantic.


Posing with Mr. Spanglish, whose trying his best impersonation of Michael Jackson. I think he really pulled of the Michael attitude.


Walking towards the beach. Probably the coldest day while I was there, but fun none the less.


Catching some rays at the beach with Mr. Spanglish.


Just two superheroes saving the world, one day at a time.

5 comments:

stephanielynn said...

That picture of you and your nephew in the hats might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

That last picture of you is exactly what you look like when we are swimming!

Cassidy and Nicole Anderson said...

oops sorry I was signed in under a Cassidy's old work account!

Kirst said...

That is fun and I love el negro. lol. Charlie aka Mr. Spanglish is really cute

Jeffrey Randall Depew said...

I love the mr. spanglish title! Did you eat mucho spanish candy?