Monday, January 26, 2009

Let Us Compare: Part 1

After my return from my recent visit to Spain, I couldn't help but make a few comparisons between, My Country Tis of Thee and Spain. With said comparisons came the obligation/duty to decide; which country is better, or at least in that particular genre or category.

Category #1: BEST IN DANCE
as related to reality show television competitions

The first video is from Spain and the show is called Fama! A Bailar! (roughly translated: Fame! To Dance!) Imagine a mix between So You Think You Can Dance and Big Brother, with a much smaller production budget. Just remember that these dancers are in the top 20 of the show from the thousands that auditioned.

Exhibit A:


Need I even continue, but alas I shall. The next videos are from my favorite summer time show, So You Think You Can Dance. Which of course they CAN dance, but I digress. I could not decide on only one. I love this show! Enjoy all of them.

Exhibit B:






There are no words. I'm going to assume you figured out which country won the BEST IN DANCE category. God Bless the U.S.A!

2 comments:

Melissa Wilcken said...

You are correct in your astute deduction. There is no comparison in the level of dance. However, Fama does win in the drama department. I will have to give you an update.

Moeller Family said...

Ashlee This is my favorite dance from so you think you can dance! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPTcvlp-Szc