Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh the joys of travel

On the road/plane/taxi/train to
Cartagena, Spain

Dec. 30th
5am: (MST) Wake up call
6:20am: Airport
8:26am: Flight Departure
2:30pm: (EST) Arrival in Atlanta
4:30pm: Realize I don´t have my sister´s number in Spain in case I need to call her
4:31pm: Call 3 other sisters to get number and none have it. (She lives in Spain people, we don´t often call her, and when we do we get the number from the parentals who are in Spain, we email)
4:37pm: Ask one sister to open my email. Maybe I have an old email with her number... nothing
4:45pm: Oregon sister calls, she hacked into my dad´s email account and found cell phone numbers. Day saved.
5:00pm: Eat
6:29pm: Turn cell phone off, I´m having withdrawls.
6:30pm: Depart from Atlanta to journey across the Great Atlantic.
Unknown time zone: Movie watching, airplane food eating, attempt at sleeping
Dec. 31st
8:45am: (Madrid time) Arrival in Spain
9:15am: Catch Taxi, have an almost conversation with the driver, I have some Spanish deep in the dark resources of my brain.
9:35am: Arrive at train station, buy ticket and proceed to wait.
11:45am: Purchase Jamon (Ham) flavored chips, tasty.
12:30pm: Train departs to Cartagena, via 2 (platform 2)
4:00pm: Debate in using the train bathroom, then realized I had an hour and a half left and defintely could not hold it that long.
5:26pm: Arrive in Cartagena, Spain. Last stop on the line. Reunited with my peeps.
Midnight: Groggy, half asleep, eat 12 uvas (grapes) on the strikes of midnight.
2am: Get into bed and crash. It´s rough not sleeping for 37 hours...

...but well worth it.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Oh, the jealousy of that 37 hours of no sleep. Yes, it's torture, but it's oh, so worth it! Jealous, that's all. Hope you're having a BLAST!