Saturday, May 2, 2009

Four weeks and counting...

In exactly 4 weeks from right now, I will have recently completed my first sprint triathlon. I am feeling positive about it, hence no disclaimers. I will finish.

Here is the rundown:
First: 800 meter swim (1/2 mile)
Second: 14 mile bike
Third: 5 k run (3.1 miles)

Yes, I'm doing all those things on the same day, with no breaks in between. Perhaps a crazy idea to some, but doing races keeps me motivated in my quest to be healthier and stronger. Going to the gym or going on a run becomes a bit more fun, when there is a goal on the horizon. Please wish me some strength and endurance, I'm going to need it.

3 comments:

Jeffrey Randall Depew said...

thats awesome, good luck! I think I will be in Utah by then, so I will have to come cheer you and Kirst on, she is doing it too I bet eh?

Em said...

I wish to you much strength! You'll do great!!!

LanceNHope said...

Gettin' fit and gettin' skinny? Way to go. I was thinking that I should train for that, too. Let me know if you survive or not. ;)