Friday, September 26, 2008

I spy a...

So the other night, a friend and I happened upon a book at a favorite literary mega store, at first glance the book seemed crass, insensitive and unrefined. At second glance the book was still crass, insensitive and unrefined, but was actually super hilarious despite the irreverance. This is what we saw,
Inside, on these crass pages was the secret world of douchebags and their trophy girls. Some girls, myself excluded, are strangely attracted to douchebags. Very cute and attractive women are lowering their standards and hanging out and dating these idiots. Why? Who knows? That knowledge still hasn't been uncovered. The entire book has countless pictures straight from myspace to prove it.

"A douchebag, what is that?" I hear the cry of confusion. This is my interpretation of said 'bag':

A guy who:

is semi attractive (in the worldly sense)

spends countless hours, grooming ie, body waxing, eyebrow tweezing, hair gelling, and tanning bed going

goes to the gym to get his daily dose of muscle milk and to pick up on hot chicks with tight little bodies

could at any point in their life wear a hat tilted at a perfect 10 degree angle

spends at least $250 on jeans and an additional $100 on the perfect slightly weathered, and oh so "original" muscle bearing t-shirt.

most likely could wear a leather cuff or have other such outfit accessories

loves to take pictures of himself on his blackberry, and send them to the 8 hot chicks he met at the club last night. Said pictures usually involve some sort of "sexy face," and the caption "u R so hott I can't stop thinking about u"

This listing is in no way complete nor all encompassing. There are so many different types of 'bags' that a book should be written about it, oh wait someone did write a book about it. My challenge to all of you is to ask yourself these simple questions:

Are there douchebags in my life I need to get rid of?
How many 'bags' can I spy at the gym, today?
How can I help rid the world of these 'men' and make the world a safer place to live in?

Extreme case of douchebaggery

1 comment:

Em said...

So, funny thing is, I visited that very literary mega store and found both books mentioned in our visit together.

Gotta watch out for the bags, especially those with the $100 "ordinary" muscle bearing t-shirts! :)