Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's good to be even.


Monday was a BIG day. Not only was it the 18th of August, it was my BIRTHDAY! It's true, I am now closer to 30 than the long ago faded age of 20. A lot goes through your mind when you reach the point of 26 years, for example, "should I be worried about feeling old, because I don't, do I need to be concerned about sagging body parts, or is it still o.k. that I sing along to Hannah Montana?" The shear volume of questions about life's mysteries at the age of 26 are staggering.

A few years ago when I was 19, I was once mistaken for a 26 year old. The shock, oh the horror of being thought of that Old! Now that I am that Old, I don't feel old, I just feel cooler, smarter and a way better dresser than that 19 year old. She should have looked forward and been excited about her future and being 26, because with every year, life got better.

26 is good, life is good and I can't wait to conquer more of it.



Thanks to everyone that made my Birthday awesome! Thank you for the calls, texts, facebook posts and of course much appreciation to those who spent the day and evening with me. I love you all.

4 comments:

Elise said...

You deserved a good one! Sorry about the blurry photo...I think that was my doing. Oops! And...you're not even close to old, so don't even think about it! I'm not even close to old and I'm 3 years older than you. We are young as ever!

Kirst said...

One thing you do need to worry about -that is singing to Hannah Montana. I hate her.

Em said...

the previous comment was SO kirst, I had to laugh.

and I'm with elise on the not feeling old.

So much changes on your outlook. I think if I were 19, being mistaken for 26 I would have been flattered. It's not cool to look 14 at 19.

Now I like being mistaken for 19 at 29. :) Why? Because I feel 19, that's why.

Em said...

P.S. Glad you had a good birthday, btw!